- Oxford University Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.50(d)
Research-based but highly accessible, this fresh, contemporary, and engaging volume helps students appreciate the science of psychology and understand how its principles apply to their own lives.
CONTEMPORARY PERSPECTIVES, NOT JUST CONTEMPORARY REFERENCES
Giving careful consideration to the field's historical foundations, Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives provides a unique balance of traditional and contemporary perspectives. This approach invites students to develop a modern appraisal of psychology.
THE MOST CURRENT RESEARCH
The book covers the latest in evolutionary psychology and behavior genetics, ecological and evolutionary theories of learning, cross-cultural work in cognition, the latest neuroscience data (and its critiques), and endophenotype research in the genetic causes of schizophrenia.
CLEAR AND COMPELLING WRITING
Exceptionally well written, Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives uses stories to help students connect with the principles of psychology.
All running features are integrated into the main body of the text, helping to maintain the flow of the narrativeвЂ”and the attention of students!
* "Freeze Frame" snapshots underscoring the theme of each chapter tell the compelling stories of real-life individuals.
* "Living Psychology" applies psychology to students' everyday lives, helping them understand the benefits of what they are studying.
* "Critical Thinking about Psychology" sections give students the tools they need in order to effectively and objectively interpret research.
* "At the Forefront" highlights new and influential research in the field.
CAREFULLY CRAFTED STUDY TOOLS
Placing an emphasis on "review, retrieve, and learn," Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives takes a "back-to-basics" approach to study tools.
* "In Summary" sections provide clear, concise chapter descriptions, offering students powerful tools for review.
* "Retrieve!" questions encourage students to test their knowledge of what they have just read. Each question includes the page numbers on which the relevant material was first presented, aiding in additional review and reinforcing learning.
AN EXCELLENT VALUE
Oxford University Press USA, a department of the University of Oxford, is a not-for-profit publisher devoted to furthering the university's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education. Since accessible materials clearly support this mission, OUP USA uses a combination of not-for-profit status and financial discipline to offer course materials that generally cost students significantly less than those offered by commercial publishers.
We are proud to offer instructors and students a comprehensive set of ancillary resources.
* Instructor's Ancillary Resource Center: Available online exclusively to adopters, this valuable resource features detailed chapter outlines, lecture suggestions and activities, discussion questions, video resources, and Web resources, along with a computerized test bank containing 1,400+ test questions.
* Videos: Organized by chapter, these short contemporary video clips from YouTube are available for use as lecture starters and assignable class activities.
* PowerPoint-Based Slides: Each chapter's slide deck includes a succinct chapter outline and incorporates relevant chapter graphics.
* Course Cartridges: Available for a variety of learning management systems.
* Instructor's Companion Website: The instructor's portion of the companion websiteвЂ”available to adoptersвЂ”includes all the teaching tools described above, which are available for immediate download (www.oup.com/us/okami).
* Online Homework: Oxford's Learning Management System delivers quality content and tools to track student progress in an intuitive, nationally hosted learning environment. Assessments are designed to accompany Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives and auto-graded so that instructors may check students' understanding without hours of grading. A color-coded gradebook shows instructors at a glance where their students are succeeding and where they need improvement; this allows instructors to adapt their lectures as needed at a moment's notice. For students, this means quality content and instant feedback. Oxford's Learning Management System features a streamlined interface that connects instructors and students with the functions that they perform most often, simplifying the learning experience in order to save instructors time and put students' progress first. (ISBN: 978-0-19-934982-1)
* Free Online Student Study Guide: Offering a variety of learning and review tools, this free online resource includes comprehensive yet concise chapter outlines, visual concept maps, and approximately twenty-five multiple-choice questions per chapter.
where can i download Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives free ebook pdf kindle online textbook epub electronic book Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives full ebook review amazon ebay collections for android or mobile Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives for iphone, ipad txt format version, file with page numbers You can also buy order purchase Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives Kindle Edition with Audio Multimedia CD Video Hardcover New or used, Mass market paperback, cheap Audiobook price
Creative Cities and (Un)Sustainability – Cultural Perspectives
Vol. 3 / Band 3. The Cultura21 eBooks Series on Culture and Sustainability presents. psychology, sociology, anthropology, and economy, making it a wide research. As described above, the Creative City model is a contemporary concept.
Mobilities: New Perspectives on Transport and Society (Hardback.
Featured Authors. Mobilities: New Perspectives on Transport and Society (Hardback) book cover. eBook Ordering Options. Find on Amazon Kindle · Find on .
B.A. in Psychology - Kanpur University
Introduction: Definition, Nature, Scope and Applications of Psychology. Methods:. Contemporary Perspectives: Biological, Cognitive, Psychoanalytical, Fifth Edition provides.
Psychological Science (Third Canadian Edition) - PDF Download
Our goal with the Third Canadian Edition is to present a global perspective on contemporary psychological science.The new edition fully represents the rich and Download/Read Tre Pound (eBook).
BuddhaNet eBooks: Theravada Text & Teachings
PDF Download Acrobat Reader: To read our eBooks you will require the Acrobat. shedding light on the subject, kinds of so it can be viewed in a broader perspective.. From the poems of the enlightened nuns of the Buddha's time contemporary. the fields of psychology, philosophy, and everyday terminology, as, for example, .
Gender download - file search on: dropbox, uploadednet, depositfiles.
Intersectionality, Sexuality and Psychological Roshan das Nair Download Gender. Download The Philosophy of Pornography: Contemporary Perspectives. Just click and download ebook Gender from popular file hosts (rapidgator, rg.to, Read/Download Rattletrap Car (eBook) online.
Bakhtin's Theory of the Literary Chronotope Reflections, Applications.
Reflections, Applications, Perspectives” (27-28 June 2008) supported by the Royal. literary adaptation; for modern views on literary history ranging from the hellenistic. Here, first job at the the conflict chronotopes are predominantly psychological in.
Gesture Gives a Hand to Language and Learning: Perspectives from.
linguistics to psychology to neuroscience – have claimed that the two modalities form an. work converging from multiple perspectives will push researchers and practitioners alike to view. Modern Language Journal 79.521–9. Armstrong Read or Download The Three Billy Goats Gruff free pdf.
Political Ideology: Its Structure, Functions, and. - NYU Psychology
different perspectives on how many (and what types of) dimensions in- dividuals use to. ated with various ideologies, and (b) the social-psychological functions that these ideologies serve. shall see below, a number of contemporary so- I can do to.
Psychological contracts - LSE Research Online
Users may download and/or print one copy of any article(s) in LSE. Research Online. very influential in guiding contemporary research. The two. From the organization's perspective, employee contributions need to be sufficient enough to.